Monday, July 6, 2009

What's been goin' on....

It has been a long time since I last blogged! Things got really crazy when Leo returned from his trip. Leo accepted a job transfer to Georgia and we were quickly consumed with the moving process. We are now living the southern lifestyle and enjoying every minute. However, we do miss our great friends in Maryland...our home is always open to you all.

All the boxes are unpacked and everything is put away...now if I could only find things. The kids begin school Aug 10 so we are just trying to enjoy what is left of our "summer vacation". There is a community pond in our subdivision so we spend a lot of evenings fishing. Yes, I have the pics to prove Leo's fishin' stories.

The kids have adjusted well to the move. They have met a lot of friends so far; although they each have not met a friend the same age/sex. Soccer registration is in a few weeks and they have all decided they want to play despite the hot weather. I think it will be good for them and give them another opportunity to meet more people. Coda seems a little sad these days. I think he misses his playmates...Scout and Trixie. Leo and I have even thought it may be time to get another dog. Maybe not...

The kids racing around the circle


Nathan too...he was inspired to learn how to ride so he could join in the fun.




A fun way to stay cool...WATERGUNS!






Camping? Naw, it is our backyard. Also home to deer, geckos, foxes, and many more of God's beautiful creatures.




Waiting for fireworks to begin...
Told you, I have the pics to prove his stories.




A street view of our house.

Are you reading to go fishin'? YES!


2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey cousin,

Everyone looks so happy in their new home in Georgia! Camping in the backyard looks fun! Our weather in NH has been less than stellar, especially for camping, so I'm a bit jealous. ;)

I am glad your move south went well. And I'm also glad we've got back in touch! Facebook is good for that. :)

Cheers,
Linda

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

What great pictures Doreen! I love the house and what a pretty cul-de-sac. The kids look extremely happy. That is awesome.